Me and my friends were having this debate earlier today so I figured I’d go public with it. If you could pick one guy to build your team around over the past 15 years, who would you want? Kobe “Black Mamba” Bryant, or Tim “Big Boring” Duncan? Here are their accolades: Duncan – Career Avgs – 20 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks. 12 straight all-star appearances, 13 overall. Awards – Rookie Of The Year, 2 MVPs, 3 Finals MVPs, 8 1st Team All-Defense, 9 1st Team All-NBA. Rings – 4 (5 after this season in all likelihood). Bryant – Career Avgs – 25 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1.5 steals. 13 straight all-star appearances, 14 overall. Awards – 1 MVP, 2 Finals MVPs. 9 1st Team All-Defense, 10 1st Team All-NBA. Rings – 5. So basically, statistically they are the same when taking everything into consideration. Probably a slight edge to Duncan. But the reason why I’m saying Tim Duncan is who I’d rather have to build my team around, despite being the “Big Boring”, is because he is essentially the perfect big man. He can pass, dominate a game on the glass or with his defense, is decent enough from the foul line for opponents to not use a “hack-a-duncan” technique, humble, and most of all mentally tough. You don’t see him whining like a little bitch like we see from other superstar big men, aka Bynum and Howard. I know Kobe is a boss and can basically score at will, but he beats himself a lot and Duncan never does that. Give me Duncan any day of the week.
Archive for the ‘Polls’ Category
I feel like this is an underrated debate to be honest. The answer probably varies more than with any other question I can think of off the top of my head. For me, I’d have to go with Butterfingers. Just everything I could ask for in a candy bar. Absolute perfection. If I were to rank the candy bars in order, which is tough, I would have to go with:
9. Hershey’s Bar – Your flat out boring and a loser if you would pick this over any other candy bar on the list. And we probably couldn’t be friends.
8. 3 Musketeers – Just not enough going on. Like yea there’s chocolate, and lighter fluffier chocolate, but thats it. Pretty boring if you ask me.
7. Baby Ruth – A very underrated candy bar. Snipe’s favorite. Caramel, peanuts, and chocolate. Can’t go wrong with that combo.
6. Snickers – Basically just a baby ruth on steroids. Went back and forth with Snickers and Twix but Twix won out.
5. Twix – Just layering flavors like a boss. Chocolate, then caramel, then crunchiness (whatever that shit is in the middle), then caramel, then chocolate. Genius.
4. Other: Heath Bar Crunch – I feel like most people don’t eat these but they are fucking unbelievable and so underrated.
3. Kit Kat – Whenever you need a break, just grab a Kit Kat and you have the ultimate excuse. No one will question you taking a break if your eating a Kit Kat. Crunchiness might be the most essential quality of a candy bar.
2. Reese’s – Not crunchy, but when Officer Reese stumbled upon the accident which pitted one man’s chocolate bar in another man’s jar of peanut butter, he knew what he had discovered. Bliss. And if you didn’t pick up on the family guy reference, get a clue.
1. Butterfingers – Just beats out Reese’s, and only because its got that crunchiness that I love. And the flavor that everyone loves. Its simply the best.